Sunday, October 27, 2013

Caitlin's Baby Shower

My sweet younger sis Caitlin is going to be having her baby next month!! 

So excited.


Last week we had a fun time getting together and celebrating during her baby shower. 

The theme that my sister Bethany came up with was Citrus.  You can check out her post as well as other nifty goodness over at her blog whistleandivy.com.

Since we chose citrus as our theme the main colors were yellow, green, peach/orange.  We did add a bit of gold and white too.  

Honestly, in the past I have not been a fan of gold but I have to say it is starting to grow on me.  I probably wont rush out to buy gold jewelry but I do love it in home decor and other crafty things.

 

Lemon bars, mmmm. These lemon bars are my favorite, I think the recipe that I have is my grandmas recipe, I just love how easy and predictable this recipe is. 


The key lime tarts turned out amazing.


Candy dipped marshmallows were so pretty and tasty. 
I love love love butter mints. After I purchased a gigantic bag and brought it home I turned it over to check out the nutrition label and then decided to forget what I read, nothing but junk. I do love those mints though. 


The cesar salad added the perfect mix of salty to all of the sweetness we had.




Last but not least these little delights, mini citrus sugar cookies were the BEST!




For drinks we had citrus cucumber water and a delicious orange punch




 For the favors we made this Amazing lemon sugar hand scrub, seriously made my hands soooo soft. 

The mother to be, isn't she cute!! We had a wonderful weekend with family and friends, cant wait to meet the new little one!

No comments: