Sunday, September 19, 2010

Catching up

We have been so busy around here.  Aaron is doing good in school. This quarter has proved to be, as many have said, one of the hardest quarters so far.  In the next couple of weeks we will decide where  Aaron and I will be going for his rotations next year.  It is really hard no knowing where we will be going and if they will be good places.  My little sister is getting married next month and she wants me to (attempt to) take their wedding pictures. I am so scared.  If you have any tips I would love them.  As for me, I finally started school again and I will get my bachelors in health and wellness in a little over a year.  I have felt like my life is a little out of control these past few months. But it keeps me busy and that is how I like to be.


The beginning of last month my partents and two of my sisters came out for a visit.  We really missed not having Beth and Dallas here. We headed down to San Diego to check out a few of the sites.

We stopped by to see Hotel del Coronado which is a very big, nice hotel.  If you have ever seen the movie Some Like it Hot with Marilyn Monroe, this is where that movie was filmed. 




We walked around Balboa Park for a few hours.  To be able to see everything at the park you really need to spend a day there.  It is very big, but is has some beautiful gardens and a very big fig tree that is a must see.
 



 Mazie is doing good. She is getting a little neglected since both of us are pretty busy. We still make it to the dog park 1-2 times a week where she has a blast running and playing. She is about 6months old now.


 

Old Town San Diego is always a fun stop.  We walked around, ate good  food and enjoyed the nice weather.


While in Old Town we visited the Mormon Battalion historical site.  It was probably one of the funnest historial site presentations I have been to, it was very interactive. I recommend it to anyone who is in the area.

We of course had to get out to the beach.  It is so sad that we live so close to the beach yet we don't get there very often. I blame it on SCCO.  Aaron has had all day clinic on Saturdays since the beginning of the summer... bummer


This is how my dad enjoys the beach, a good book.






This is us at the hilton in San Diego, where we stayed.

After my parents left, Kathy and Audra came for a few days.  I feel like we don't get many visitors out here so it was so fun to have family here.

We of course had to visit the beach. 
I was taking a photography class then and we were able to go to the Arboretum in Fullerton for a shoot. Audra and Kathy were models for me, I had a blast taking their pics.  If I get some time hopefully I can post  the results.


The summer just flew by for us. I just hope the next few month do as well. I can't wait to see family again at Christmas.

2 comments:

The Thornleys said...

Glad you finally updated!!! You need to let meknow when you are coming this way so we can get together!!

Michelle said...

thanks for the update! Everything sounds good (and busy). Hope all is well! Miss ya. p.s. pictures all look great! :)