
I honestly cannot believe that she is 1 month already. They say time flies by and it is so true. I feel so blessed that Alexa is such a good baby, she cries very little and when she is fussy all we have to do is pick her up and she immediately stops crying. She loves to look out/at the windows in our house, I think she enjoys the contrast. She also loves it when Aaron and I talk to her, she gets this sort of curious look on her face when we speak to her. We feel so blessed.
We have decided to try to cloth diaper Alexa. One might ask, What? or Why? There really is only one simple answer, I am cheap. I wish that I could say that it is solely because I want to do my part to save the environment or because I want to spare my little babies bum from the chemicals in traditional diapers. Although both of those points are added bonuses, the real true reason is that I don't want to drop a few grand into diapering this little one. So, before she was born I did research to find a cloth diapering system that would fit our families needs the best. The brand that I ultimately decided on is called, Gdiapers. The main attraction that I had to these diapers is that they are considered a hybrid diaper. I can use cloth inserts or I can use disposable inserts. So far I have only used the cloth inserts but plan to use the disposables while traveling. My other attraction to these diapers is that the outer Gpant is reusable for multiple diaper changes. All you need to do is put in a new cloth insert or disposable insert and voila. Sadly, not everything is peaches and cream however, I have had some frustrations with leaks but since doing more research on preventing leaks with Gdiapers the leaks seem to be decreasing. We have been using the cloth diapers for about 2 1/2 weeks now and hopefully we will continue.

Not sure what her weight and height are currently but at her two week appointment she weighed 8 lbs 6 oz and was 21 inches long, she had gained 11oz from her birth weight. Her tummy sure does show it!!



3 comments:
Aw she is so precious! I have heard that cloth diapers are actually better at holding the leakage. Until rook was on solid food, he almost ALWAYS blew out his diaper when he pooped. Fun times :) We really need to come and visit again soon, we miss so much of her in just a few weeks!
she is gorgeous!
She is so freakin cute! I am so happy for you guys!
Post a Comment