After body boarding we heading out to do another waterfall hike. The hike we did was called Manoa Falls. It is a gentle, 2 mile hike round trip. It is a great hike but since it had just rained the path was quite muddy. We sort of had to laugh at a couple who obviously didn't know what they were getting into because they were hiking the tail wearing all white.....
At one point on the trail I looked up to see this beautiful ceiling provided by the overhead trees. Pretty cool sight.
Aaron had heard about this jazz festival at one of the local botanical gardens, Foster Botanical Garden. The name was called A Mid Summer Nights Gleam. They had a bunch of activities for kids with interesting sculptures using items from the garden.
This tree was one of the weirdest trees there. It is called the cannon ball tree and has what looks like cannon balls growing on it. They fall off frequently I guess, from what the sign say.

I thought this sign was worded funny.
Weird Arangatang sculpture in one of the trees.
Owl
Bear
Lion
They had these drum dancers that were pretty cool. Three drummers were drumming on stage while two people inside the dragon went around throughout the audience dancing.
We were in the mood for festivals I guess this past weekend. We also decided to go to the Ukelele Festival held every year here in Honolulu. It seemed to be a big deal here and it was pretty cool.










No comments:
Post a Comment