This past weekend was great. On Friday I was able to go out to the beach with two of my friends that I met here to do a quick photo shoot.
First up is Lizzy. Lizzy is a fun spirited girl who has a contagious laugh and is always a blast to be with. I met her through my roommate Donna. Lizzy lives here in Hawaii, she introduced me to airbrush tattoos! She was a great model.
.
Lizzy works at the International Marketplace down in Waikiki. She does airbrush tattoos. Her boss asked if she could find some models to take pics of with the tattoos on for advertising. She asked if Donna and I wanted to go, we did. I didn't choose the tiger on my arm but I did choose the islands on my foot. They say that the tattoos can last up to three weeks, how about three days. It was fun though.


Jenn is an awesome girl who just graduated with her masters in psychology! It is quite ironic that I met her. She has been out here in Hawaii on vacation for the past 3 weeks. She is renting an apartment from one of Donna's friends. I met her shortly after she arrived and we started to hang out. She shoots with a Nikon ( I wont hold it against her). I asked her to show me some tricks and it was a blast to shoot her and learn some new stuff.

On Saturday we started off with hiking a crater called Koko Head Carter. It is a steep climb right up the side of the crater. The trail is on an old railroad track. At one point during the hike the track is suspended above the ground, sort of scary. We made it up just fine though. The view of Hanauma Bay was excellent.
At the bottom of the trail getting ready to head up.
This is the part where the track is above the ground.
The final climb to the top. Pretty steep on the last part.
Finally we made it to the top in 33 minutes. My face is proof that it was a tough climb. For the next three day after the hike my legs were stiff.
At the top there were all kinds of pill boxes, tunnels and crazy old military stuff. As this spot I felt like I was on the set of a LOST episode.
Jenn and Shonee
As we were driving away from the hike we noticed something crossing the road up ahead. We soon realized that it was a mother goose and all her babies, they just ran across the road. I had to jump out and get a pic they were so cute. Mother was not very thrilled to have me that close.
We had so much fun in Kailua last weekend that we decided to go over there again. For breakfast we went to an amazing crepe place..... wow. It was called Crepes No Ka 'Oi. I need to learn how to make them this way.
After breakfast we headed to the beach to body board
There is a very strong Asian influence out here. We have been wanting to try Pho while we are out here. We were recommended a place called Hale Vietnam Restaurant. They had amazing imperial rolls which are a lot like egg rolls but better. The Pho was quite tasty too.
























No comments:
Post a Comment