About 2 weeks before we moved into our house my mom was down helping us paint and clean the house to get it ready. My mom had been at the house working all day while I stayed home watching the baby. Later that evening she came come home to switch me, she watched the baby while I went over to the house to work. While I was there it started to rain, I was in one of the bedrooms sanding on the walls and I looked outside to see that the rain had started to really get strong. At that point Aaron had gotten off of work and went home to change, he then came over to help me work on the house and bring me some dinner. After we had finished eating Aaron looks outside and says"oh no!!" I at first had no idea what he was saying. We looked outside and we saw that there was a river rushing over the driveway into the yard.
This is a picture of our front lawn and driveway.
This is under the carport
Another picture of the river in our front lawn
Aaron trying to make a barrier so that water will stop coming in the yard.
So so so much mud. We are still dealing with mud from this flood.
We have a pretty big driveway. The next day after the flood I went to check out the damage and discovered that there was about 3 inches of mud in the driveway, under the car port and in the grass. We were so lucky that the water did not enter our house, it came with in 1/4 inch. There were multiple homes that did get flooded however.
The mud was so deep and so slippery that Aaron just decided to take off his shoes and run around out there bare foot. We have the best neighbors. We hadn't even moved into the house yet and a bunch of them came over to see what they could do to help us. They took Aaron over and helped him fill up sandbags and lay them across the ditch to try to stop the water. They lent us shovels, brooms and a wheel barrow so that we could slowly remove the mud. We really do feel blessed. We have had so much rain here this season and we have had a couple other close calls since this flood, not as bad though. We are grateful for the moisture we just hope that the city will fix the drainage problems.








No comments:
Post a Comment